Friday, November 10, 2006

Dumpster Drama: Act XVII

Well, it's time for another Dumpster Drama, or what I witness outside my bedroom window at God-forsaken hours.

Some new guy has moved in to our building. This is weird in itself, seeing as how our building is being demolished in February. Why would the management company take new people? Oh yeah -- money.

Anyhoo, New Guy is still finding his bearings in the building. He's rather young, and seems a bit lost and naive. Twice I've had to lend him my laundry key because he's locked himself out from of the laundry room. But last night was what can only be called a sitcom moment.

It's 2:00 in the morning and I hear Newbie trudging into the carport area near the dumpster to throw out trash. He tosses it in, and then I hear him say an expletive. I sit up and look out the window. He's gone inside the dumpster, rummaging through it for something he mistakenly threw in. I guess he's never heard the saying, "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water."

Now curious as to what is so important as to wade through garbage and filth, I lean farther to see. He's knee deep in garbage, throwing things aside to look. A couple minutes later he steps out of the dumpster, cursing. He's brushing himself off and mumbling obscentities when his eye catches something. He bends down and picks up the object -- it's a plastic trash can lid. So that's what he was looking for! The lid to his own trashcan. But it wasn't in the dumpster that he just spent time wading through, it was on the ground the entire time.

Supremely pissed off at this point, he throws the lid across the carport and shouts out more expletives. At this point all I can do is stifle a laugh.

Poor guy.

No comments: