Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Recap

I went to the Verizon wireless store Friday to see about getting a phone upgrade. My name was put on a list to wait for a customer service rep, and I was third on the list. I was already waiting about 10 minutes when this harried guy walks in and starts shouting at a Verizon worker.

"I need to talk to someone now," he insisted.

"I can put you on our list, and you'll be called when it's your turn," Verizon guy said.

"No, you don't understand," Rude Man said. "I'm here for a coporate account. I need 5 Blackberries by Monday."

"Okay, please tell me your name and we'll call you when it's your turn," Verizon man said.

"No, I want to talk to a representative now or I'm going to Nextel."

"Sir," Verizon guy said. "We can't bump all these people for you. They are here to get served just like you, and they'll be upset if you go before them."

"But I'm here for a coporate account," Rude Man repeated. "Let me talk to your manager or I'm going to Nextel."

The Manager came out. "How can I help you, sir?"

"I'm here for a coporate account. I need 5 Blackberries by Monday," Rude Man said. "Now if you can't help me now, I'm going to Nextel."

"Sir, we treat all of our Verizon customers the same. You will have to wait until your name is called."

"I'm going to Nextel," Rude Man threatened again. (This is when I waved at him and mouthed 'Byeeee.' Although I don't think he saw me.)

The Manager shrugged his shoulders and let the man walk out. Moments later when I was being helped, I thanked my customer service representative for treating us all equally. Even though I wish I was not being equated with that man.

No comments: