Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday's This & That

Oh poop, I'm supposed to be working. But I'm just too bored. There's so much to look at on the internet when I come in Monday mornings - gotta catch up on the weekend's gossip and mindless rubbish that floats around the internet like trashy cyber flotsam.

I watched Monster-a-Go-Go last night, via my new Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD's. The worst ending to a monster movie with the word "Monster" in the title is to have a narrator tell you, "There was no monster." So just forget the last 70 minutes you just wasted, will ya?

I got the book "Sex and the City" by Candace Bushnell, which is nothing - repeat, NOTHING - like the TV show. Okay, not true. There are some character names that are the same. But I haven't read of a single martini embibement. Not to say that the book isn't fun, mindless fluff. It's just not the HBO show, that's all.

I also watched the new Sci-Fi "reality" show Who Wants to Be a Superhero? In two words: pure genius. I'll be watching it every Thursday night, rooting for Major Victory, who has mastered the art of posing - especially to pigeons.

No comments: