Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend Re-cap

I went to 3rd Street with Gina on Saturday to spend money I didn't really have on myself. Gina's so good about spending only a certain amount. I, on the other hand, see no limits to my shopping addiction. Anyway, we saw a homeless man walking and talking to himself as we passed Pottery Barn. This is not that unusual on 3rd Street, but then he dropped his bags, did air-quotes to himself, then picked up his bags and went on. I just thought that was so awesome. He had to drop everything he owned in the world to do air-quotes during a conversation he was having with himself.

That night I went to see my friend's band "Sara Cahill and the Sauce" perform at Masquer's Cabaret in Santa Monica. I sat with some co-workers and was on my third Cape Cod by the time they were finishing the first round. Maybe it was to flavor up the taste of the Caesar Salad - which was just a pile of lettuce with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

But I was completely aware of when the band came on. I really liked them. If you like old school stuff like I do, you'll love them. I was even surprised that they threw in a little Pink Martini. Very nice. And I didn't know my friend could jam on the guitar so well.

Afterward one of my co-workers drove me to some sushi bar next door and we had some more drinks, thanks to my buddy flirting with the bartender. Tried a Seabreeze for the first time - later I'd regret choosing a drink with grapefruit juice. I think I ate somebody's spicy tuna roll that was sitting on the bar, which is also not a good thing to have with a lot of vodka.

Finally I was able to make it home and took three Tylenol and drank a huge bottle of water and settled in to bed. The next morning I was supposed to go to a football party, but with the way I was feeling I decided against it. Heard it was a good game, even though I have no idea who was playing.

When I got into my car this morning to drive to work, I found my friend's guitar in the back seat. I'll have to put the pieces of that puzzle together sometime today.

No comments: