Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks on that Holiday Thingie

So Thanksgiving is tomorrow...and what do I have to be thankful for? After a lot of thought (not so much, actually), I give you my list.

I am thankful...
1) for my family
2) that I can type 75 wpm
3) that I have my own apartment
4) for the ability to breathe
5) that I am no longer in high school
6) for chili cheese dogs and fries
7) that I have a job that pays for my alcohol
8) for my 6 bosses who keep me in line
9) that I have the patience to deal with 6 different bosses
10) for each day I can see the sun set
11) for each day I don't have to wake up early enough to see the sun rise
12) that I don't have to work the day after Thanksgiving
13) for Thanksgiving food - especially the mashed potatoes
14) for my friends - in particular the ones that buy me food
15) for sushi, especially anything with spicy tuna
16) for Bartending School which will hopefully pay for my sushi some day
17) for those tiny things in life that let me know that God is real
18) for Coffee Bean and their fine ice-blended mochas
19) for celebrities that make me laugh and those that make me thankful I'm not a celebrity
20) for Happy Hour and half-price on all the appetizers
21) for Spongebob Squarepants and his thought-provoking philosophy
22) that I finally got to see "The Big Lebowski"
23) for sauteed spinach in lemon-butter sauce, like they make at Fabiola's in Hollywood.
24) for my car
25) that Michael Eisner is leaving Disney

Apologies for all of the food references. It's almost lunch time.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: